On Saturday I went to the SSHD original location at 701 S. Meridian Indianapolis, IN. As noted below, this is a special promotion for the 2012 Super Bowl. I got a chance to meet Sherry Long, great grand daughter of the founder of the dealership as well as the marketing director. The display of Harley-Davidson vintage bikes and products along with her family's personal memorabilia was just amazing. She even wrote up a one sheet with the history of the dealership. I was spent over an hour there. Needless to say, I was very impressed.
Southside Harley Davidson is the oldest dealership in Indiana. It opened at the S. Meridian location in 1919 after the purchase of an existing dealership and remained there until 1997. George Schulteti, who had worked for the motor company since 1922, purchased the dealership in 1947 and was also involved in racing sponsorship. Not only was this display about the history of H-D, but also the history of a family business in Indianapolis. The pictures speak for themselves. However,they just scratch the surface. If you are in Indy for the Super Bowl don't miss this!
- Slow Progress, very slow
- Here's to the real women
- Dave Barker's SpeedMetal
- Southside Harley Davidson Original Store Location
- Street Chopper Issue Release Party LA, CA February...
- Roy has a band, a turntable shop and a Triumph
- Southside Harley Davidson reopening their original...
- Greasy Kulture 5th Annivarsary Party February 3rd ...
- Bill Ray meets The Lords...
- Love songs about drugs...errr...drug songs about l...
- English Don in Indy
- Johnny Suede
- Top 5 reasons why I ride motorcycles.
- Herb Alpert
- VH: That was then, this is now
- Beware the scene killers
- ▼ January (16)
- ► 2011 (107)
- ► 2010 (66)
- ► 2009 (58)