Wednesday, May 23, 2012

For Sale Smith Brothers & Fetrow The Frame $300 obo

I was thinking over the weekend alot about my available time and goals for the future. My 1980 Ironhead Sportster is rideable and pretty much done, a few things aside. I have started doing school work and it is a substantial time commitment. My girlfriend is moving to Indy soon and I love spending time with her. We will most likely move into a new place come fall. I miss playing music and writing songs. I will still contribute pictures and words to various magazines as well as represent GKM whenever I can. But something has to give, or in this case go. I thought about it and have come to the realization that I am not a fabricator or a very good wrench. The time involved in building another bike (my 5th one) is just more than I can invest, though I believe the payoff could be great. So, in typical long winded and grandiose Kinsey fashion I offer my Smith Brothers and Fetrow "The Frame" for sale, $300 or best offer as is. I have posted about this diamond in the rough a few times. I dont think it will take too much work for a talented fabricator with a frame jig to get this piece back on the road. It comes with, and was made for, a 16" Honda CB rear wheel with drum brake, axle and axle adjusters. I will also throw in an original low tunnel Mustang tank. I have measured drawings, pictures and ads for this item. This one was made for Hondas or Kawasakis with the addition of proper motor mounts. But based on my research it could also accomodate an Ironhead Sportster motor, or even a smaller unit type motor such as a Triumph, BSA or Yamaha XS 650. The neck, center post and backbone are missing. But that opens up the possibility of more or less rake as your taste dictates. Make some motor mounts and you will be set. This is a rare and very desirable frame. A quick Google search yielded zero results; this is the only one on the market and priced to move. I will be at Born Free in Orange County, CA at the end of June passing through Denver, CO both ways so I can arrange delivery within reason. Please email me if interested, tiptopdadddy@aol.com. Thank you, -ejk Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Older posts about this same topic: http://tiptopoftheworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/mystery-frame-more-info.html?zx=8ae4f2fb00684c88 http://tiptopoftheworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/mystery-framesolved.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers