I met Andy Carter from Pangea Speed at Born Free 3.
(Mark Kawakami photo) That is Jen and I talking to Andy in the background. He is a very low key and engaging dude who makes some great stuff and has a good time doing it.
Keith Wright used Pangea Streamliner bars on his Sporty chop that I shot and wrote up in GKM #20.
But Andy's bars merely hint at his fabrication ability. He can make just about anything it seems. Semi-isolated in Utah(like fellow Salt Laker Jeff Decker) the stuff that comes out of his shop isn't what everybody else is doing.
In this new chopper golden age (I will expand on that in another post) it does my heart good to see a guy making a contribution and remaining an individual.
After all, that's what it's all about.
- ► 2012 (49)
- Hotrods And Hillbillies 2011
- Share the rainbow, taste the rainbow.
- Almost done, but not quite
- Pangea Speed
- Nothing good and lasting comes quick and easy.
- Can't You See
- Don't go to this. Dave says these guys are jerks....
- Getting very close
- Hoosiers make the Oakland to Born Free run in true...
- Welcome to Awesometown!
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (66)
- ► 2009 (58)