Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pangea Speed

I met Andy Carter from Pangea Speed at Born Free 3.
(Mark Kawakami photo) That is Jen and I talking to Andy in the background. He is a very low key and engaging dude who makes some great stuff and has a good time doing it.

Keith Wright used Pangea Streamliner bars on his Sporty chop that I shot and wrote up in GKM #20.
Photobucket
But Andy's bars merely hint at his fabrication ability. He can make just about anything it seems. Semi-isolated in Utah(like fellow Salt Laker Jeff Decker) the stuff that comes out of his shop isn't what everybody else is doing.

In this new chopper golden age (I will expand on that in another post) it does my heart good to see a guy making a contribution and remaining an individual.
After all, that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers