Sunday, February 20, 2011

Retail Randy's and my new project

I went out to pick up my new project, an '80 Ironhead. I got to dig around a little bit in the seller's shop and stash. He goes by the name of Retail Randy, aka Swapmeet Randy. He had A LOT of stuff. I counted 4 FLs in various states of disassembly, and that was only what I could see. There were boxes and lunpy tarps everywhere. Inside his house he had parts and pieces for a '31 VL build:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
He also had a couple choice mills laying around. I honestly couldnt tell if they were for sale or decoration;
Photobucket
Photobucket
But, I came for one thing, and I was able to get it loaded up and to a friendly garage without incident. She ain't much to look at, though she has plenty of potential.
Photobucket
Those wheels, front fender, seats, bars and risers will have to go first thing. Feel free to make me an offer...

2 comments:

  1. you have to take me to that guys place man so....i can wish i could buy his stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous Dan told me his garage is where the original Herbie The Love Bug was built. Let's hope this Sporty isnt posessed by demons too.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers