Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting a new bike tomorrow.

Its not this one exactly, but it looks pretty close;

For the bargain price of $1500 I will be the new owner of 1980 HD Ironhead Sportster. No clue about the engine displacement or anything internal. It has a wide glide conversion with extended fork tubes, fat bobs, king & queen seats and some pretty horrible billet wheels. It will need some work, and I will have to apply for a lost title. But for the price I can't go wrong. Worst case, I can part it out and make some jack to put into another project. My buddy Dan used to be a dealership mechanic. He turned me on to the bike and has agreed to help me get it on the road. Most likely I will ride it semi-stock for the summer then put the running gear into my SB&F frame next winter. I will post updates as I go along. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers