Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Born Free 4, six months and counting.


The nice thing about having a blog is being able to look back and see what I thought might happen compared to the way things actually went down. Last year my trip to Born Free 3 exceeded all expectations because I had no idea what would happen. It was a blast.

In retrospect I stayed too far away and spent more on my hotel than needed due to my lack of familiarity with the area. The show was promoted as being in Silverado but is actually adjacent to Irvine Lake, about 20 minutes due east of North Tustin at Oak Canyon Ranch. I am not sure if I will be camping for BF4 or staying in a cheaper motel. The only real variable is if the DicE party will be held again at Cook's Corner at the other end of Santiago Canyon road, about 5 miles further SE.

The plan this year, at this point anyway, is to drive out with with all of the magazine stuff, easy up, chairs, cooler, etc and my bike. I totally missed riding last year. Somehow a Chevy Malibu wasn't the same experience. Born Free was the highlight of 2011 for me. I can't wait to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers