Sunday, March 10, 2013

Black Leather Jackets

This is one of those things from my formative years that had an effect on me. I had forgotten about it until I came across a pic on Instagram. It looks like two stripped down Duo-Glide Pans and a Knuck, either with a Vard front end or an early Hydra-Glide? Note the blacked out rims and forks. For many years an Excel black leather jacket, black t-shirt, Sears Engineer boots and cuffed Levi's were the uniform to go along with my greasy black mop and dreams of rockabilly glory. It wasn't until years later after my hair was gone and I outgrew my leather jacket that I was able to buy my first Harley. Some dreams never die...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers