Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A message from the grave

Today I went out driving around with the kids after dinner. As we drove past Holy Cross/St. Joseph cemetary my daughter asked me to turn in. Though I had read it (because I'm an Indy History obsessive) I had forgotten that Louis and Gaston Chevrolet were buried there. That's right, the Chevrolet brothers. Like many other automotive pioneers attracted by the Motor Speedway they called Indy home until their dying days. Strangely, their headstones are rather humble.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Anyone paying attention to the news has taken notice of the recent chaos involving the legacy of the company the Chevrolet brothers started. With that in mind I took the small token of tribute in front of Louis's headstone to be heartening:
Photobucket
Photobucket
USA-Never Give Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers