Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Hurt Locker

I love movies. But I pretty much had given up on The Oscars and the Hollywood establishment. After years of Bush bashing at the Academy Awards ceremony all the fun had gone out of it. Compound that with this year and a crap flick like Avatar getting so many nominations while Sherlock Holmes (It's Brilliant Guy!) gets nary a second glance. Then I happened to watch The Hurt Locker on DVD and realized it was nominated for Best Picture.

I thought surely that such a pro-military movie with a raw and intense portrayal of warfare would never win. But win it did, Best Pic and Best Director too. Maybe there is hope.

If you havent seen it yet, do yourself a favor. I am hoping it gets a re-release in theaters soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers