Saturday, December 13, 2008

Inspiration is the key for 2009

I've been plenty busy lately with my new job. I now commute 45 minutes one way. During my drive my fevered little peanut brain has been thinking about new creative modes of expression and endeavors for the new year.

A couple months my house was burglarized. They got my 2 pistols, my expensive photo scanner and my Kodak 7.2mpx digital camera. I sold my model A truck project parts pile and bought a Fujifilm Finepix S1000 10mpx digital camera as a replacement. It has a natural light selection that is OUT OF SIGHT.
Photobucket
I use that setting almost exclusively.

My recent efforts inspired me to start this blog. It's been a lot of fun and a very rewarding creative outlet. It's also exposed me to photographic creativity of likeminded photographic kulture souls like Nick Reynolds, Guy Bolton and Chopper Dave. I am especially digging Coop's photography; http://positiveapeindex.blogspot.com/. His pics are just as twisted and brilliant as his paintings. I really dig his Polaroid and Leica collections.

Recently I came across some websites about Lomo and Holga cameras.
http://www.lomography.com/
Lomos were originally cheap soviet era cameras made for the proletariat based on a Japanese design.

Holgas were another inexpensive design that take some neato shots with great character, especially the Diana model.

Both take some simply amazing pics without digital trickery.

I am intrigued by the Lomo fisheye cameras and colorsplash flash.

They even make sequential "movie" cameras,


Best of all they are very CHEAP to purchase. I am sold already.

So, in 2009 I resolve to expand my photography into a new realm. Check here often. It ought to be bitchin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An unfocused dilettante. I'm not half bad. Overall a very good yegg and a wrong guy in an increasingly right world.

Followers